May 6, 2012

EAT: Dinner- Pork Chops with Pineapple Fried Rice / Dessert-Peanut Butter and Fudge Swirl Pie

I am in taste bud heaven! Pineapple fried rice and pork chops, so tasty!

After a number of people have been telling me how much I'd love The Pioneer Woman, I finally took a look....and boy where they right! This was my first attempt at making one of her recipes, it turned out great, better than expected. And a bonus the honey love it too. I made a few minor changes, to fit our tastes buds. But this is a MUST try for sure. Not only is this a tasty dinner, it is a one dish dinner, so easy clean up...always a plus. This is so good, as I'm eating it, I'm thinking to myself, "I can't believe I made this. That Pioneer Woman knows what's up!" So I will be trying many more of her dishes! This Tuesday, I'm making her Cheeseburger Salad...I'll let you know how it goes. I highly recommend checking her blog out, if you haven't already. She makes really wonderful food, she is funny, and all of the posts have step by step pictures in case you are a new cooker like me!

Changes I made:
1. Doubled the rice needed, after living in Hawaii for 6 year, my need to eat rice is far greater than recipe called for.
2. I used red onions, instead of white. 
3. Instead of Sriracha, I used hot garlic chili sauce, same makers but has garlic too. 
4.Instead of pimentos in fried rice I added more of the hot garlic chili sauce.
5. I didn't use fresh pineapple, I was over my budget for this weeks meals, and had a can of pineapple in the cupboard so I used that...no complaints, was delicious.  I also put my pineapple on top, wasn't sure the honey would like it mixed in so I wanted them easier to pick out, I will mix them in next time.

For Dessert~ I made an easy Peanut Butter and Fudge Swirl Pie, only takes about 5 minutes to put together and is always tasty.

 I'd like to make a shout out to Mrs. Richardson's only the best ice cream toppings ever, I highly recommend them! Her Hot Fudge and Caramel are my favorite. 

Happy eating!
xoxojolleen


The Pioneer Woman's Blog
The Pioneer Woman- Pork Chops with Pineapple Fried Rice
Peanut butter and Fudge Swirl Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...