June 2, 2014

Meal Plan || Number Seven

My Weekly Meal Plan 

Double header this week...here was my weekly meal plan for the second week in May. Wednesday I'll post for the third week. Two of my all time favorites roasted mini peppers and blueberry shortbread crisp. 


Weekly meal plan, recipes included! The Graffitied Gardenia
Weekly Meal Plan 

_____


Roasted sweet mini peppers, delicious! Perfect side or summer snack! The Graffitied Gardenia


>> Monday >>

Salad & fruit 
{30 minute meal, hot weather, summer eats}

We had a big salad, roasted bell peppers, and sliced fruit. 
Delicious and light! 

Sweet Mini Peppers - This is one of my favorite snacks and/or sides. Get the mini sweet multi colored peppers, add to a med-high skillet with some EVOO, cover and shake as needed. Once you get the markings you like (maybe 7-10 minutes) put on a plate and sprinkle with sea salt. 

Loves: Sea Salt French Fleur de Sel, Savory Spice Shop (Flaky, perfect for this! One of my favorite salts.) Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Venice Olive Oil Company if you live in Colorado Springs go downtown on Tejon and stop in Savory Spice Shop and cross the street to Venice Olive Oil Company and pick these both up...oh and their 18 Year Old Balsamic is AMAZING! 

Fruit - Sliced apples and bananas 

_____

>> Tuesday>>

Crispy chicken, mash potatoes, and corn

I love this crispy chicken recipe. Easy and delicious. For the chicken I use the frozen chicken tenders from Costco. When I get home from Costco I portion 6-7 chicken tenders per freezer quart ziplock. When I'm having chicken the next night, I pull one bag out of the freezer and place in the fridge to defrost over night. 

Recipe: American's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook Revised Edition, Crispy Chicken Breasts page 298

Other Crusted Chicken Recipes: 

_____


Hawaiian Sweet Bread French Toast, yum! The Graffitied Gardenia
Hawaiian Sweet Bread French Toast 

>> Wednesday >>


Hawaiian Sweet Bread French Toast and sausage 
{30 minute meal, hot weather eats}

I had leftover sweet bread rolls so I cut them in half and used them for french toast! YUM! I also cut a super thin slice off the top so I had more french toast surface. 

Loves: King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread is one of the most delicious things on earth. 

_____

>> Thursday >>

Leftovers 
{30 minute meal, hot weather eats} 

_____

>> Friday >>

Date Night

_____


Homemade Calzone! The Graffitied Gardenia
Homemade Calzone


The BEST homemade red sauce. The Graffitied Gardenia
Extra Homemade Red Sauce

>> Sunday >>

Calzone

Homemade Calzone with Canadian Bacon, pineapple, crushed garlic, mozzarella, and homemade red sauce. For the dough, I used a regular pizza dough recipe smashed it out added toppings to half then folded it over, crimped the edges, and cut some slits in the top. Next time I will add more insides and smash the dough thinner, it was a little thick. For the sauce I use my favorite red sauce recipe, I only needed half so I froze the rest in a freezer quart ziplock for a future dinner. 


The pizza dough recipe is my husband's mom's we lived with them for a few months while looking for a house. She made homemade pizza every Friday night, I loved it!

Pizza Dough

Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 cup warm water
  • 1 packet yeast
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp honey or sugar
Directions
  1. Mix warm water (100 to 110 degrees) with yeast, stir in honey or sugar; let stand for 10 minutes (mixture will double in volume).
  2. Mix salt and flour in a separate bowl, then add to yeast mixture, stir.
  3. Knead on a floured surface for 5 minutes (or in kitchen aid with bread hook).
  4. Grease the inside of a bowl with non-stick spray or Olive Oil, add kneaded dough, cover (with sprayed saran wrap if on the table, with a towel if in the oven). Let rise (warm counter 80-85 degrees or in a luke warm oven for 1 hour, you also can let it rise in the oven over a pan of very hot water).
  5. Spread dough on a large pizza pan or cookie sheet or divide and use 2 small pizza pans. Use any pizza sauce and toppings.
  6. Bake at 425/450 for about 20 minutes (longer if you like crisper).

_____


Homemade Blueberry Shortbread Crisp, amazing. The Graffitied Gardenia
Homemade Blueberry Shortbread Crisp

>> Sweets >>


Blueberry Shortbread Crisp
{desserts}

This is one of my favorite desserts, it's so delicious! It's a basic blueberry crisp, but the crumbly top is made a little different by creaming the butter instead of chilled butter which makes for shortbread cookie taste, it's heaven! I usually make it in a small glass dish, but this time I made it in individual ramekins. I think if I make them again as individual desserts, I'll double the crumble topping. Top with vanilla ice-cream or homemade whip cream, or BOTH!  


_____

Happy Meal Planning!

xoxojolleen
{you are beautiful and wonderfully made}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...