June 9, 2014

Weekly Menu || Number Nine ~ Summer

Happy June! 

We've been planting, weeding, mulching, and seeding for the last three weekends. Now it's time to keep up the watering and weeding and hopefully things grow! 

I'm trying a garden for the first time and am super excited! I'm doing a mini container garden to test it out. 

Beginner container garden, The Graffitied Gardenia
My beginner container garden 

_____

>> Weekly Menu >>


We eat light and easy during the warm weather months, I'll be featuring my favorite recipes and trying some new ones.  We also have a bunch of house projects we'd like to do, so I'm attempting to cut our food budget for June, July, and August from $300 to $200 a month; as close as I can get will be wonderful, all extra money will go to the home project fund! 

Here's my weekly menu for the first week in June.

Weekly Menu || Number Nine ~ Summer 

_____

>> Monday >>


Fresh Spinach, Coarse White Sarawak Pepper, French Fleur de Sel (flaky salt), Tuscan Herb Olive Oil, Raspberry Balsamic. Drizzle, sprinkle, and enjoy!
Fresh Spinach Salad 

Mac and Cheese
Side: Salad
{30 minute meal, hot weather meal}

For the salad I used fresh spinach, Coarse White Sarawak Pepper, French Fleur de Sel (flaky salt), Tuscan Herb Olive Oil, Raspberry Balsamic. Drizzle, sprinkle, and enjoy! ~ AMAZING! Welcome to my obsession of different pepper, salt, olive oil, and balsamic. 

Loves: 
Kraft Mac and Cheese Original, I'm not sure if I'll ever not love this. 
Olive Oil and Balsamic - Venice Olive Oil Company 
Salt and Pepper - Savory Spice Shop 

_____


>> Tuesday >>


Potstickers, rice, and fresh tomato slices. Perfect summer meal. The Graffitied Gardenia.
Potstickers, rice, and fresh tomato slices 


Potstickers
Side: Rice and fresh tomato slices 
{30 minute meal, hot weather eats}

Loves: Frozen Potstickers Costco, super easy to make. 

_____

>> Wednesday >>


Cereal 
Side: Bacon
{30 minute meal, hot weather eats}

Who doesn't like that! I remember the first time my husband said, "Why don't we just have cereal for dinner tonight?" Hello...I've met the man of my dreams! I love cereal for breakfast!!
With the price of bacon reaching $5 a pound, it also makes for a budget friendly meal. 

Loves: 
Bacon - Farmland 

_____

>> Thursday >>


Leftovers 
{30 minute meal, hot weather eats}

_____

>> Friday >>


Frozen Pizza
Side: Salad 
{30 minute meal}

Loves: 
Pizza - The man likes Jack's 

_____

>> Sweet >>


Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting

Red Velvet - Box
I also striped the frosting red and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips. 
Sorry, I forgot to take a picture. 

When I was working in the yard the other day, the neighbor kids said, what are you doing? Can I help? So I put them to work, I tell you what, if you want good workers get three five years olds and an eight year old, amazing workers! And super cute too, very excited to find worms. They helped me for about a half hour pulling weeds and moving a pile of dirt. So I made them cupcakes as a thank you. It's really cool too because now they ask how the tomatoes are doing (we were getting the ground ready for a mini garden bed). Now we look at the plants growing and when/if somethings grows we'll pick and eat them right off the vine! 

Mini tomato garden, The Graffitied Gardenia
First Step:
Measured how much space I needed for my five plants
Tore up the ground and pulled any weeds


Mini tomato garden, The Graffitied Gardenia
Second Step:
My honey made the wooden frame
We hand tilled the ground
Added some compost dirt from our compost pile
Added some new soil for fruits and vegetables


Mini tomato garden, The Graffitied Gardenia
Third Step:
Planted my tomatoes
I'll add tomato cages when they get a little bigger

Hopefully we'll have some delicious tomatoes to enjoy!!!

_____


Have a lovely summer!

xoxojolleen
{you are beautiful and wonderfully made}



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...