March 10, 2015

Stitch Fix || Review No. One

So I finally did it. After months of seeing a few friends posting about Stitch Fix I finally had to give it a try. It's pretty amazing! 





What is Stitch Fix
"Stitch Fix is the first fashion retailer to blend expert styling, proprietary technology and unique product to deliver a shopping experience that is truly personalized for you. Simply fill out the Stitch Fix Style Profile and our personal stylists will handpick a selection of five clothing items and accessories unique to your taste, budget and lifestyle. You can buy what you like and return the rest!" from Stitch Fix website. 

Simplified...it's an awesome new shopping experience! You fill out your style profile, pick a date that you'd like your box delivered, you get a box with five new items to try on at home, send back what you don't want, pay for what you keep. {Shipping is free both ways} 


Here are a few questions you may have...
  • How much does it cost? The box has a $20 stylist fee, but if you decide to purchase anything the $20 is deducted from your total. 
  • How long do I have to decide? Three business days. 
  • How much do the items cost? The website says the average cost is $55 per item, I listed the prices below on the items I received so you can get a better idea. 
  • What if I love everything? Well how awesome right! P.S. You get 25% off your whole order if you purchase all the items. 
  • How does the stylist know what I'd like? You fill out a style profile, takes about 5-10 minutes {asks you what size you wear, what styles you like, what would you like in your box, what is your price range - I picked the lowest for all categories, ect.}
  • What brands should I expect? Stitch Fix works with over 200 brands! 

Who I think Stitch Fix is perfect for...
  • Anyone who is too busy to shop, but wants cute clothes. 
  • Anyone who wants some new styles or clothing options, but doesn't know what to pick. 
  • Anyone who just hates shopping. 
  • Anyone who lives somewhere with limited stores.  
  • Anyone who loves shopping and just thinks this will be fun! {that's me} 

Things I think are really brilliant about Stitch Fix...
  • Not only do you fill out the style profile, but you also can write a note to your stylist.
    • I'm looking for a pair for dark wash wide leg jeans {true story}. 
    • I'm going on vacation to Hawaii for two weeks and want items I can wear there. 
    • Winter is coming, I'd love all sweater options in this box. 
    • I have a wedding coming up. 
  • You can link to your Pinterest page so your stylist can view styles you like. 
  • You get a referral code, if someone uses it you get a one time $25 credit, once their box has shipped! 
  • You can state if you don't want items included in your box {purses, jewelry, pants, ect.}
  • Since the box is delivered to your house, you can try items on with the rest of your closet to see what can work together. 
  • Stuff actually fits, I'm pretty shocked actually that everything fit me! 
  • After you've tried on everything and want to check out, you fill out a simple form online stating why you did or didn't like something; your answers stay with your account. The more information you give them, the better your next box will be. 
  • You can schedule your box whenever you like. This is not a once a month subscription service, but you can opt in for automatic boxes if you like. 

__________

>> My Box >>



So cute, love the packaging! 



First look! 
{If you know me, the fact that is is such a neutral palette, you might think I was upset. But, I was very happy with the items, I have no problem wearing bizarre prints and loud colors, neutrals are whats hard for me to pick....this couldn't have been more perfect!}



Fun2Fun
Rosco Leopard Print Blouse, $38 || Keep

Everything about this top is me. 
The pattern 
The cut



This adorable pocket



This opening on the back
It's lovely

__________



Kut from the Kloth
Michael Faux Leather Jacket, $78 || Return

This was tempting, but out of my budget and I have a light brown jacket similar. But, it was super cute on and so so so soft! If it was a blush color, it would have been hard to resist. 



Beautiful floral lining

_________



Market & Spruce 
Alea V-Neck Solid Dolman Sleeve Shirt, off-white, $48 || Return 

I loved this shirt as well, but didn't make the budget cut. Dolman sleeves are one of my favorites. 

__________



Just Black
Connely Skinny Jeans, $78 || Keep

It's like Heather {my stylist, well that's fun to say!} read my mind! I've wanted black skinny ankle length pants! Fit is perfect, super comfortable, and so soft! 

__________



Bancroft
Shermineh Spiked Crescent Necklace, $34 || Return

Cute, but no, I don't love it. 

__________



Want style ideas? 
Each item comes with a style card. 

__________

Break down: 
Keeping
Leopard top, $38
Black skinnies, $78
Don't forget minus your $20 stylist credit and any $25 referral credits you have. 

I am very happy with this first box! I'll definitely do this again, I'm thinking every three months, so I can save a little just in case I want the whole box! 

I'd LOVE to be one of the stylists. 
Checked out the job listings, not in my area. 

__________


What to get your own custom box? 

__________

Thank you for joining me on this experience! 
xoxojolleen 
{you are beautiful and wonderfully made} 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...