July 8, 2014

Weekly Menu || Number Thirteen

My weekly menu, number thirteen ~ Summer edition. 

Up this week - Grilled Corn, Jalapeño, Cream Cheese, and Bacon bites, and Coconut Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies!  

Weekly menu, recipes included! The Graffitied Gardenia
Weekly Menu || Number Thirteen 


~ Weekly Menu ~
This is my first draft of the menu planning sheets
I'm making for you! I fill in what I'm planning for the week
then add all needed ingredients. Then, take this list to my
kitchen and cross off anything I already have on hand. 


~ Shopping List ~
Whatever items are not crossed off the menu list, are items
I need to buy that week; I then add them to my shopping list.
(Since I do my meal planning for the whole month, this list
includes non-perishables for the month and fresh
ingredients for the upcoming week.)

_____

>> Monday >> 


Grilled veggies, the best! The Graffitied Gardenia
Grilled Veggies, delicious! 

Steak Fajitas  
Side: Salad
{30 minute meal, warm weather eats}

If you remember last week I said wait until you see what else we grilled. Well the steaks my honey grilled were super thick, so we shared one but cooked two. Since I knew we'd have steak leftovers, I thought mmmm fajitas! I've been craving fajitas! So while the grill was hot, I put on some onions and a green bell pepper. Then put them in a container. Monday we cut up the steak and warmed the onions and peppers for fajitas, yum!

Grilled veggies: I sprayed the veggies with a little oil and roasted until slightly charred, added Kosher salt when they were finished. Oh and if you haven't tried corn on the grilled you're missing out! We put ours straight on the grill, spray with a little oil first, grill, then cover with butter and a sprinkling of Kosher Salt.

Loves: 
Oil Mister - Crate&Barrel $15
This is a pump action oil mister, great because you add whatever oil you like. It's not super powerful, but I love it for misting things before cooking. Pumping about 10 times is enough to cover a 11x13 pan. I also love that I know what's in it, for some reason those can spray oils freak me out.

_____

>> Tuesday >>


Costco

Our monthly Costco shopping trip. 
When we go we eat in the food court, easy inexpensive dinner! 

_____

>> Wednesday >>


Grilled Cheese 
Side: Fruit  
{30 minute meal, hot weather eats}

_____

>> Thursday >>

Leftover Clear Out 
{30 minute meal, hot weather eats}

Anything that needs to be eaten from the week comes out and everyone creates their own meal with those items. If we don't have any leftovers, then we make something from pantry/fridge staples.

_____

>> Friday >>


Fourth of July!
I really wasn't sure what we were doing for the Fourth, so I planned things that we could eat next week if anything came up.

Brats
Brushetta
Ginger Lemonade
Peanut Butter Fudge Pie
Side: Pasta Salad 
{30 minute meal, hot weather eats}

Here's how it played out - The man grilled brats for him, earlier in the week I went with a friend to an awesome fruit market where I picked up a HUGE bucket of jalapeños for $2! I cut the jalapeños in half, packed it with cream cheese and wrapped it in bacon then grilled them - yep amazing! I picked up a loaf of french bread and made brushetta with basil from my garden! Wow, was that cool!!!!

Ginger Lemonade and the Peanut Butter Fudge Pie I moved to this week.

_____

>> Sunday >>


French Toast
Side: Bacon
{30 minute meal, warm weather eats}

Leftover bread loaf from the brushetta = French Toast
Leftover bacon = Meat and a sweet

_____

>> Sweet >>


Coconut Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies, The Graffitied Gardenia

Coconut Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies 

I had this recipe on my baking list for this summer and when we had a 63 degree day I baked them up! Very good! The coconut comes from replacing the butter with coconut oil.

Recipe: Baking with Coconut Oil, Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies, NestleUsa.com

_____

Have you used coconut oil for anything?
I use it for my daily body oil, love it! I also eat a little bit each morning on either peanut butter toast or in my oatmeal.

xoxojolleen
{you are beautiful and wonderfully made}

_____

<< other posts you might enjoy >>



Super easy homemade caramel sauce! 


How to create a Meal Plan || Part One 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...