July 29, 2014

Weekly Menu || Number Sixteen

My weekly menu, number sixteen ~ Summer edition. 

Up this week - Simple and easy; a scramble, mac and cheese with a delicious fruit board, and a fast any night pantry seasoned grilled chicken.


Weekly Menu Number 16, recipes included! The Graffitied Gardenia



~ Weekly Menu ~
I fill in what I'm planning for the week
then add all needed ingredients in the bottom section.
(I highlighted any items that I need to thaw in the
fridge the night before.)
Since we always have the same thing for weekday
breakfast, lunch, and all week snacks I added those items
to my template instead of filling in the same thing each week.
I also added the items needed to make these staple foods to
my shopping template, so I'm sure to have them on hand. 

I take this list to my
kitchen and cross off anything I already have on hand.
Whatever items are not crossed off the menu list, are items
I need to buy that week

(My updated Shopping List template with every week
staples added, then I'll cross them off
if I don't need to buy them.)

~ Shopping List ~
I then add needed items to my shopping list from my
meal planner. (Since I do my meal planning for a month at a
time and buy all my non-perishables at the beginning of the
month, my weekly shopping trips are minimal, for the rest of
the month. The budget is my balance remaining for the month.)
I highlighted the items I needed, so I wouldn't miss anything. 

_____

>> Monday >> 

Scramble with Cheese and Mini Bell Peppers {on hand} 
Side: Tortillas and Blueberries
{30 minute meal, warm weather eats}


_____

>> Tuesday >>


Craisin almond chicken salad. Perfect summer dinner! The Graffitied Gardenia


Craisin and Almond Chicken Salad
Side: Pasta Salad
{30 minute meal, hot weather eats, leftover rotisserie chicken}

I had originally planned buffalo chicken salad for tonight, but changed my mind and instead made these tasty bites. I used my basic chicken salad recipe as a base, then added chopped craisins and almonds, served on Ritz crackers. Added a little rice sprinkle (black sesame seeds and sea salt).

Loves:
Pasta Salad - Suddenly Salad Original


{my recipe}

Craisin Almond Chicken Salad 

Ingredients

  • 2 cups chicken cooked and chopped
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup chopped craisins
  • 1/4 cup almonds roughly chopped
  • celery salt to taste
  • salt to taste
  • pepper
  • whatever you want for serving the chicken salad, see ideas below

Directions

Chicken salad is one of my favorite hot weather meals. I use leftover chicken either from grilling or have rotisserie chicken from Costco one night for dinner and any leftover chicken I take off the bones and make chicken salad.
  1. Dice up chicken into the size pieces you like, put into a large bowl.
  2. Add mayonnaise, craisins, almonds, and seasoning, start off small you can always add more; stir.
  3. Taste, add more of any of the above ingredients to suit your taste buds.
  4. Let sit for 10 minutes for the flavors to mix, I put it in the fridge because I like it really cold.
  5. Get together whatever you are serving it with/in....ideas...with iceberg lettuce as a lettuce wrap, on crackers, on pita chips, whatever you like!!
  6. ENJOY!
_____

>> Wednesday >>


Fruit and Veggie board || Perfect side. The Graffitied Gardenia


Mac and Cheese 
Side: Fruit and Veggies 
{30 minute meal, hot weather eats}

Love mac and cheese, it's just so delicious. I served it with a variety of sliced fruits and veggies, the tomato and basil are from my garden!

Loves:
My rooster cutting board, I use it any chance I get! Looks like they don't carry the rooster anymore, good thing I got it when I did!!! Here's a pig one. I also am a huge fan of mini colanders, they come in so handy, just wash and serve.

_____

>> Thursday >>

Leftover Clear Out 
{30 minute meal, hot weather eats}

Anything that needs to be eaten from the week comes out and everyone creates their own meal with those items. If we don't have any leftovers, then we make something from pantry/fridge staples.

_____

>> Friday >>

Date Night

_____

>> Sunday >>


Roman Pepper Steak Seasoning || Savory Spice Shop

Pantry Seasoned Grilled Chicken {indoor}. The Graffitied Gardenia


Pantry Seasoned Grilled Chicken
Side: Pasta Salad {leftover from Tuesday}
{30 minute meal, warm weather eats}

I originally planned cheeseburger salads tonight, but we went to a BBQ on Saturday and had burgers. I made chicken instead, we had everything in house for this dinner. I call it pantry seasoned grilled chicken, which basically means look though my pantry (spice cabinet) and see what looks tasty to try, since I love (have a mild obsession) with seasonings I always have something I've wanted to try on hand. But, salt and pepper is a great simple option as well.

For tonight I used Roman Pepper Steak Seasoning from my favorite spice shop. All I do is pat the chicken dry, season each side, and cook it in a cast iron grill pan (If you get this grill pan, make sure to clean and season it properly or else it will be a nightmare to clean! Mine cleans up perfectly, but I could see how frustrating it could be you didn't, I love this pan,) or in a skillet - works great and only takes about 10-15 minutes!

We ate them with a little ranch, lettuce, mozzarella, and tomato (from the garden), all in a tortilla.


_____

>> Sweet >>


Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. The Graffitied Gardenia


Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies  

We had an unexpected 68 degree day, so I made cookies! (I'll do the pudding and ice cream some other time.) We love these cookies, I make them all the time during the winter. Almost weekly during football season. I made a double batch some for us, a neighbor, a few different friends that I was seeing this day, and the honey took a batch to work to share.

Cookie Recipe: America's Test Kitchen Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies

_____

Even though I make a plan, I'm still flexible to switch it up if needed. As long as I don't have any fresh ingredients that will be wasted, I'm straight.

xoxojolleen
{you are beautiful and wonderfully made}

_____

<< other posts you might enjoy >>


How to create a Meal Plan || Part One 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...