May 12, 2014

Meal Plan || Number Six

My Weekly Meal Plan
Must make fajitas and a Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe taste off! 

The Graffitied Gardenia: Weekly Meal Plan, recipe links included!

___
__

>> Monday >>

Bourbon Chicken, rice, and sliced fruit
{hot weather eats} 

The premier of 24 was on, so excited that Jack and Chloe are back! To celebrate this occasion I picked up Bourbon Chicken from Big Easy, it's in the mall food court. I love this chicken! 

Get more for your dollar...just get an order of a la carte chicken, the large container with tax is about $6. I make rice and any sides at home, it's awesome! The large container is enough for 3-4 servings. Why pay for  their rice and sides that you might not want, forget buying a drink...that's a money sucker. Unless they have the fancy coke machine, then buy the drink and drink Coke with Lime until you can't move. 

For fruit, I always buy bananas and apples on my weekly fresh ingredients shopping trip, then I pick up whatever other fruit is on sale. This week for our fruit plate side we had, strawberries, mango, and kiwi. 

_____

>> Tuesday >>

Leftovers, usually on Thursday...but I had some stuff from the weekend to clear out. 

{30 minute meal}

_____

The Graffitied Gardenia: Pineapple Marinated Beef Fajitas!


>> Wednesday >>

Pineapple Marinated Beef Fajitas and green salad
{hot weather eats}

These were delicious! Highly recommend making. You marinate the beef, then grill and slice. I topped mine with cilantro, jalapeƱos, pineapple chunks, sour cream, and rice sprinkle {it's a mixture of black sesame seeds and salt that I blend}. I wanted a little something more, so I mixed: Pineapple juice, brown sugar, Sriracha, salt, and pepper for a sweet drizzle. 

_____

>> Thursday >>

Grilled cheese with ham, pasta salad, and sliced fruit 
{30 minute meal, hot weather eats}

Mine: Ham, pepperjack, tomato, honey on one side of the inner bread, wheat. 
His: Ham, American, wheat. 
(Grilled cheese can usually be made with kitchen staples, it's the perfect weekly tasty filler for the budget.)
Loves: Pasta Salad, huge fan of Betty Crocker Suddenly Pasta Salad - Classic. So simple and delicious, great to have on hand, less than $2.00 a box, which is less expensive than buying the ingredients individually. I usually have two stocked in my pantry, it's a great last minute side if needed. I make a lot of things homemade, but if I find something that I like I have no problem using boxed or pre-made items.
Sliced apples.

_____

>> Friday >>

Date Night / Monthly Costco Trip
When we do our monthly Costco Trip we usually eat at the food court, it's an inexpensive dinner options. We've combined it into Date Night a few times, which is great because then our $20 really lasts a long time! 

_____

>> Sunday >> 

Mother's Day!  

_____

The Graffitied Gardenia: Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


>> Sweet >>

Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies 

I already make brown butter chocolate chip cookies, but last week sometime on Joy the Baker she posted a recipe for brown butter chocolate chip cookies so of course I had to do a recipe taste off! It was perfect too, because we were going to a friends house on Saturday and I was bringing the dessert. I made my original ATK recipe and the new Joy the Baker recipe. 

There are a few slight differences in ingredients, but both have brown butter. 
Joy the Baker's recipe has coarse Sea Salt on top, which was a fun addition that people liked. 

In the end I will keep making the ATK recipe as my usual cookies but will make the Joy the Baker's recipe for an additional cookie. I will make hers with Sea Salt, pecans, and dark chocolate! If you've never made brown butter chocolate chip cookies, you need too! It will blow your mind! 
Brown butter give a rich, nutty flavor to the cookies. 
Loves: Vanilla Penzey's Single Strength Vanilla, King Arthur UnBleached Flour, C&H Sugars.

Recipes: 

Happy Meal Planning!
Let me know if you try any of these recipes. 

xoxojolleen
{you are beautiful and wonderfully made}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...