April 27, 2014

Meal Plan || Number Four

Weekly meal plan, recipes included. The Graffitied Gardenia blog.
Meal Plan || Number Four 

____________________

MONDAY 
Ham and cheese scramble, frozen hash brown patties.
Loves: Aldi's frozen hash brown patties.
Recipe: Ham and Cheese Scramble
Marked: 30 Minute Meal, (scramble - Hot Weather Meal)

____________________

TUESDAY
Baked ziti and sliced kiwi
This baked ziti is on the regular cool weather months rotation in our house. We love it! Changes - I use dried basil instead of fresh; when using dried herbs you want to only put ⅓ as much and I don't add any to the top. I've tried it with both fresh and dried, didn't notice a big difference in this recipe, so stuck with the dried because it's a panty item.
Kiwi is one of my favorites, here's how to cut it perfectly!
Recipe: America's Test Kitchen Baked Ziti
Marked: Winter/Fall Eats

Time Savers:
Leftover ziti - portion serving size pieces
 in individual containers for easy
lunches or leftovers. 
Freeze half for the following month.
~ Reheat from frozen ~
400 degree oven in a foil covered pan
until internal temp is 165 about an hour 

Cute labels right! Those are Martha Stewart and printed at home; weather proof labels I used regular labels, they stick for the most part but I think the weather proof would stick much better.

____________________

WEDNESDAY 
Leftovers
Marked: 30 Minute Meal

____________________


Homemade Chicken Enchiladas including homemade sauce! Delicious! The Graffitied Gardenia blog
Homemade Chicken Enchiladas
THURSDAY 
Homemade chicken enchiladas (with homemade sauce!) refried beans, and green salad.
I love these enchiladas, but I always used canned sauce before; then I saw this recipe on Pinterest. It's AMAZING! I really think I could drink it like soup. Another great thing about the sauce recipe is it uses all panty ingredients. Highly recommend making this sauce for your own enchilada recipe or use mine. I never cared for enchiladas before, then my husband made these for me over 13 years ago, that might have been when I feel in love. I wouldn't call the sauce or the enchiladas authentic, so don't send me hate mail but for my American taste buds it's perfect!
Sauce Recipe: Recipe Girl Enchilada Sauce
Marked: Rotisserie Chicken Leftover

Simple Chicken Enchiladas 

Cook Time: 30 Min
Serves: 4

Ingredients

  • 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
  • 2 batches of homemade enchilada sauce (you can do one if you like less saucy)
  • 1 cup sour cream plus more for garnish
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (your favorite variety, I usually use sharp cheddar)
  • 1 can diced green chilies
  • 8 flour tortillas
  • fresh shredded lettuce optional garnish
  • fresh diced tomatoes optional garnish
  • sliced black olives optional garnish
  • hot sauce optional garnish

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. In a bowl mix chicken (I like to use leftover shredded rotisserie chicken or boil boneless skinless chicken breasts until done and shred) 1 cup of enchilada sauce, sour cream, 1 cup shredded cheese, and green chilies.
  3. In a 9x13 baking pan add 1 cup of enchilada sauce to the bottom of the pan, spread it around to cover the entire bottom of the pan. Fill and roll the chicken mixture into the 8 tortillas, lay them in the pan seam side down.
  4. Top the enchiladas with the remaining 1 cup of enchilada sauce spread it around to cover most of the tortillas tops. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of cheese.
  5. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes (will be hot, bubbling, and browned). Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
  6. Serve with the toppings of your choice: shredded lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, black olives.

Powered by
Plan To Eat
Time Saver: 
Leftover enchiladas, one per container
for fast lunches. 

____________________

FRIDAY
Date Night

____________________

SUNDAY
Leftover enchiladas 
Marked: 30 Minute Meal

____________________

Tastefully Simple Apple Cake w/
Caramel Sauce 
SWEET
Caramel Apple Cake
I had in my panty a Tastefully Simple Apple Cake mix and a jar of caramel sauce we got for a present; it was good and super easy to make. 

I'm working on a few separate meal planning how-to's this week, check back for updates!

Happy Meal Planning!

xoxojolleen
{you are beautiful and wonderfully made}

P.S. Let me know if you make the enchilada sauce! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...