July 14, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Salad

I'm always looking for a good recipes for "too hot to cook" and "leftovers" nights. Chicken salad is one of my favorite things to do. On one night either my honey grills chicken and I have him make some extra or I get a Costco Rotisserie chicken we eat that one night with then I pull all the leftover chicken off  the bone and chop it up and make a chicken salad for another night that week.
Buffalo Chicken Salad

I love this one, I'm a HUGE buffalo wing fan so anytime I can have that flavor I'm all for it. There are a few different ways to serve this:
On lettuce for a salad
In lettuce for lettuce wraps
Use chips or Frito Scoops
Or whatever you like

Buffalo Chicken Salad

Serves  

Ingredients
  • 2 cups chicken cooked and chopped
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
  • 1 carrot chopped, you could add celery too if you like I'm not a fan
  • salt to taste
  • pepper to taste
  • whatever you want for serving the chicken salad

1. Dice up chicken into the size pieces you like, put into a large glass bowl.
2. Add mayonnaise, Frank's Red Hot Sauce, chopped carrot, salt and pepper to taste. (start off small you can always add more) stir.
3. Taste add more of any of the above ingredients to suit your taste buds.
4. Let sit for 10 minutes for the flavors to mix, I put it in the fridge because I like it really cold.
5. Get together whatever you are serving it with/in.


ENJOY!

xoxojolleen
Let me know if you make this, what do you think? How did you serve it?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...