July 29, 2012

Pastrami Roll-Ups

Don't they look like Sushi?? I think that's a little why I like these so much! I hate fish, but wish I liked sushi, something about eating it seems so hip and cool...the cool bus will pass me by on this one.

Anyways this is my modified recipe from The Pioneer Woman's Turkey Roll-ups...I'll post that later.  These were so delicious I made them with a peppered cream cheese, cucumbers, carrots, PICKLEs!! (side note, I love to drink pickle juice so we always have two jars of pickles in the fridge one that is mine that I can drink out of , labeled "Jolleen's Drank" and one that is for the honey and guests), Swiss Cheese, pastrami, and lettuce all rolled up into a tortilla! I also like to top them with black sesame seeds for a little extra flavor and it looks really cute....adds to the sushi feel.

Pastrami Roll-Ups

Pastrami Tortilla Roll-Ups

Ingredients
  • 8 ounces weight Cream Cheese Softened
  • 1/2 tablespoon Course White Pepper
  • 1/2 tablespoon Fine Black Pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • 1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
  • 6 whole Taco Sized Flour Tortillas
  • 1/2 pound Shaved Pastrami
  • 3 whole Carrots Peeled And matchstick cut
  • 1 whole Cucumber Skin cut off and matchstick cut
  • 3 leaves Green Leaf Lettuce Spine Removed
  • Kosher Dill Pickle cut into matchsticks
  • slices Swiss cut into matchsticks
  • Black Sesame Seeds (optional)
Make the herbed cream cheese by combining the softened cream cheese with the pepper, salt, and lemon juice. Stir to combine.

Spread cream cheese in a thin layer over the tortillas. Lay ingredients down the middle of the tortilla. Let the veggies extend past the edges on either side.

Roll up the tortillas as tightly as they'll go, then wrap each roll-up in plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.

To slice, cut each roll-up exactly in half, then line up the two halves and cut them in half again. Stand the end pieces up so that the veggies stick out the top.

I like to sprinkle mine with black sesame seeds.

NOTE: If your tortillas are cold they will crack, so warm them for a few seconds in the microwave to make them room temperature.

ENJOY!!!
xoxojolleen
Let me know if you try these...perfect meal for not heating up your kitchen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...